Friday, July 16, 2004

Out for dumb.
I have no idea what that phrase actually means, but I had a P.E. teacher who used to tell that to students who were being obviously dumb during class.  "Bob, you're out for dumb."  I think its lack of clear definition makes it so appealing, so effective.  I have no idea what it means; it's great!
 
I use this phrase today to describe the prosecutors in the Martha Stewart trial.  She was sentenced a little while ago to five months in prison, plus five months of home confinement and two years of supervision.
 
What galls me the most is that Stewarts sale of ImClone saved her about $45,000 in capital losses (which, actually, was a poor move, anyway, as ImClone subsequently double in value), but the assault on her has cost her shareholders far more than that, as tarnishing her image has caused share values of Martha Stewart Omnimedia to decline.  If anyone here is doing shareholders a disservice, it isn't Martha Stewart; it's the prosecutors in her case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home